Summer is officially here!! Blazing hot days, breakfast at the beach, trips to the pool, VBS, sundresses, flip flops, and watermelon are the norm for the next 3 months! This summer also brings some awesome changes in our lives...
1) Luke is on a 12 week tour!! 12 weeks is A LONG time to be apart but thankfully, because my work schedule is lighter during the summer, I am going to be able to fly out and spend some time with him on the road. I am leaving on Thursday night to meet up with Luke for a few days and I could not be more excited! I miss him terribly, but we are so excited about what God is doing for Since October right now (that info in a very lengthy blog to follow shortly.)
2) I am not keeping any kids for the summer. Tyson's mom is home on maternity leave, so I am spending my summer focusing soley on church work. We are doing a MAJOR restructuring of our Children's Department right now, so this is allowing me to focus all of my time and energy on building leadership and relationships with my Team Members.
3) I am getting to do a little design work this summer, as I am designing the new office building (space planning and furniture wise) for our church. We are in the process of building a new building on 40 acres on SR 64, and we are putting a 6000 sq ft office building on the property as well. Our move in date for the office building is August 1st, so I have already begun working on this project. I am really excited to get to do a little design work this summer!!
4) Beach vacation with my fam is coming up in July and I am looking forward to spending a week on the beach, relaxing, reading, and working on my tan!!
5) Luke's cousin Jonathon is getting married on July 11th in Tennessee, and Luke is in the wedding. I will be flying up to Tennessee to spend a few days with Luke's sister Heidi before I meet up with Luke for the wedding. I am super excited about getting to meet baby Shepard for the first time!
I think that about wraps up what is going on with us right now. I apologize for not being a better blogger, but I can't seem to find time to sit down and blog these days!
I leave you with another super cute picture of Tyson with sweet watermelon juice dripping off of his chin!! I love this little boy!!